Try This Recipe: Easy Chicken Minestrone
Enjoy a hearty, "adult" take on chicken noodle soup!
This week, we've got an easy, quick variation on a delicious chicken & noodle soup. We also throw in some bright and delicious veggies and you've got something that cooks up quick AND tastes great for leftovers!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons unsalted tomato paste
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Ditalini pasta (or choice)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomato OR 1/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 6 ounces skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high.
- Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add onion and carrot; sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic and tomato paste; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock, 1 cup water, and salt; bring to a boil.
- Add pasta to pan; cook 5 minutes.
- Add snap peas, tomato, and chicken to pan ... cook 3 minutes OR until pasta is desired doneness.
Serving Size: ~ 2 cups
Carbs - 38g
Protein - 24g
Fat - 5.5g