4 Simple Ways You Can Reduce Painful Joint Inflammation
We hear about this all the time … but what is “inflammation” and how does it affect you?
Inflammation comes from the word “inflame”, which means to set on fire.
Ouch … that doesn’t sound to comfortable, does it?!
TWO TYPES OF INFLAMMATION
- Acute inflammation is a quick immune response that the body displays to an “attack” causing redness, swelling, pain and heat.
- Chronic inflammation is acute that has lingered and persisted over time that may have started causing damage to the surrounding tissues.
THE LINK BETWEEN GUT HEALTH & INFLAMMATION
The digestive tract is our first line of defense against incoming pathogens, bugs, bacteria and other foreign material that enters in our body.
This is essentially where immune health begins since this is where things either get “take care of”, or “fester and persist”.
The digestive system acts as nearly 80% of your body’s immune response.
When you body is in a state of inflammation, it lowers the body’s ability to protect itself again foreign matter and either delays or severely subverts the immune response designed to protect us.
This is where chronic medical conditions start to occur and multiply.
FOUR EASY FOOD CHOICES TO LOWER INFLAMMATION
- Veggies & Fruits – beets, berries, fennel, garlic, onion, kale
- Healthy fats – omega-3, avocado, olives, salmon
- Spices & herbs – turmeric, ginger, cumin, coriander, black pepper, cinnamon
- Probiotics – Asparagus, artichokes, kimchi, kefir, kombucha, sauerkraut